Welcome to Allergy & Asthma Associates of Maine
We are a full-service Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Practice serving the greater Portland area. Our doctors have over
30 years of experience treating allergy, asthma and immunological conditions. We treat all ages, infant through adult and take
all forms of insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. New Patients must be referred by your doctor, regardless of insurance status. Patients are seen by appointment only. Our main office is located at 195 Fore River Parkway, Suite 410 in Portland. For your convenience we also have satellite offices in
Kennebunk, Lewiston, Manchester, Rockport, and Yarmouth (InterMed building). Our doctors are associated with most area hospitals including
Maine Medical Center, Mercy Hospital, and Southern Maine Health Center.
For directions try Google Maps or Mapquest.
We're Moving: New Kennebunk Location
Please be aware that we have a new address in Kennebunk. Our new address will be 2 Independence Drive, Kennebunk, ME 04043. We are seeing patients in the New England Cancer Specialist building. Please go in their front door, check in with the receptionist and they will let us know you have arrived.
Dr. Cardona's Op-Ed On Penicillin Allergies
New Patients, Please Note
- Your first appointment will include an evaluation and possible testing. Testing can be expensive. Your doctor will only order what is appropriate for your care. Please read your New Patient Packet for more information.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you may need to be rescheduled.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, we will need 24 hours advance notice, or you may not be rescheduled.
- Please bring completed New Patient Packet to your visit and arrive 15 minutes early. If you are unable to print the paperwork, please call us and we can mail it to you.
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
For up-to-date information on Allergy and Asthma Associates news and upcoming events (including Flu Shot Clinics, Closings, Changes in Business Hours, etc..), please visit us on Facebook.
Click here for our Facebook page or click here for Twitter.
Allergy & Asthma Associates of Maine and the MMC Research Institute Studying Effects of Bathing on Children’s Eczema
Does bathing impact a child’s eczema? That’s a question Dr. Ivan Cardona and Dr. Erin Kempe, from Allergy & Asthma Associates of Maine and the MMC Research Institute, are asking. A team led by Erin Kempe, DO, and Ivan Cardona, MD, is conducting a clinical research study to understand the best method of treatment for atopic dermatitis with regard to frequency and duration of bathing.
Participants will be provided free moisturizers and cleansers, as well as individualized treatment information on the best way to treat eczema.
The study is accepting participants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
· Between the ages of 6 months and 11 years
· Diagnosed with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis
· Must have parental consent
The study will take place over the course of a month, consisting of four office visits ranging from 1 to 2 hours in length. These office visits could occur at any of our four locations: Portland (195 Fore River Pkwy # 410), Intermed (259 Main Street, Yarmouth), Manchester (1053 Western Avenue), or Kennebunk (2 Livewell Drive North Tower) offices.
Participants in the study must arrange for their own transportation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Anna Cloutier, study coordinator at CLOUTA1@mmc.org
Ivan Cardona, MD (207) 774-9839
Erin Kempe, DO, (812) 272-8983