Welcome to Allergy & Asthma Associates of Maine
We are a full service Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Practice serving the greater Portland area. Our doctors have over
30 years of experience treating allergy, asthma and immunological conditions. We treat all ages, infant through adult and take
all forms of insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare. For your convenience we also have satellite offices in Augusta and
Kennebunk, and more recently at InterMed and in Yarmouth. Our doctors are associated with most area hospitals including
Maine Medical Center, Mercy Hospital and Goodall Hospital.
For directions try Google Maps or Mapquest.
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
For up-to-date information on Allergy and Asthma Associates news and upcoming events (including Flu Shot Clinics, Closings, Changes in Business Hours, etc..), please visit us on Facebook.
Click here for our Facebook page or click here for Twitter.
New Office Location In Rockport, Starting 8/15/2013
We will be seeing patients at Rockport Family Medicine starting August 15th! For directions, click here.
New Tuesday Shot Hours for PORTLAND, Effective 6/4/13
We have made expanded our hours for Tuesday
evenings in Portland. Please click here to view
the new shot room schedule.
Allergy & Asthma Associates of Maine and the MMC Research Institute Studying Effects of Bathing on Children’s Eczema
Does bathing impact a child’s eczema? That’s a question Dr. Ivan Cardona and Dr. Erin Kempe, from Allergy & Asthma Associates of Maine and the MMC Research Institute, are asking. A team led by Erin Kempe, DO, and Ivan Cardona, MD, is conducting a clinical research study to understand the best method of treatment for atopic dermatitis with regard to frequency and duration of bathing.
Participants will be provided free moisturizers and cleansers, as well as individualized treatment information on the best way to treat eczema.
The study is accepting participants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
· Between the ages of 6 months and 11 years
· Diagnosed with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis
· Must have parental consent
The study will take place over the course of a month, consisting of four office visits ranging from 1 to 2 hours in length. These office visits could occur at any of our four locations: Portland (195 Fore River Pkwy # 410), Intermed (259 Main Street, Yarmouth), Augusta (60 Industrial Dr.), or Kennebec (7 Shape Dr., The Medical Group) offices.
Participants in the study must arrange for their own transportation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Anna Cloutier, study coordinator at CLOUTA1@mmc.org
Ivan Cardona, MD (207) 774-9839
Erin Kempe, DO, (812) 272-8983
Financial Policy Changes, Effective 4/15/13
We have made changes to our Financial Policy. Please click here to view.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, we will have to reschedule.
- New Patients - We need you to confirm your appointment at least 24 hours in advance, or we will have to reschedule.
- New Patients - Please bring completed New Patient Paperwork to your visit and arrive 15 minutes early or you may be rescheduled. If you are unable to print the paperwork, please call us and we can send it to you.
- Patients are seen by appointment only
- New Patients must be referred, regardless of insurance status
- Please note that our physicians do not share or transfer patients within the practice.